Sunday, September 21, 2008

Designer and Model Mom Week 2...Check 'em Out!



Our designer of the week is Tonya of:



Please tell us a little about yourself....
I'm a working (outside the home) mom of two girls and wife to John. We live in West Texas. I'm 33 years old and LOVE to sew, sew, sew! I also try to sneak in some reading every now and then. I'm currently reading Stephanie Meyers' "Twilight" series.

How long have you been designing? I've been designing for other people since my 4 year old was about 2 but sewing for quite a few years.

What inspires you as a designer? I looked online and saw all these darling boutique outfits but couldn't justify the money to hubby so I had to make them myself!

What is your favorite item to create?Why? I love twirly skirts - they are so versatile and girly.


What are your favorite materials/fabrics to work with? Cotton, cotton, cotton!!

What is your favorite thing to do when not sewing/designing? Read and watch my daughter play softball. She currently has a broken foot so softball is out for a while but usually that's how our weekday evenings are spent.


**************************************


Our Model Mom of the week is Shawnta of:








Please tell us a little about yourself....
My name is Shawnta and I am the sole designer of MamiGirlBoutique. I am a born again Christian and am married to a great guy, Mike. I am a WAHM of 2 toddler girls, Micaela will be 2 on October 22nd and Kaitlynn is 3 as of April 6th!!


How long have you been into photography? I have LOVED photography ever since I was a child. Whenever we would go on vacation I would snap pictures of scenery instead of our family! LOL! I have net been able to be serious about it until we had our daughter and bought a better camera. :)

What inspires you as a photographer? I love CANDID moments. Noone has been able to see my daughters like I see them and so I began looking for opportunities to keep them young forever. They grow so fast and I wanted sooo badly to capture EVERY little moment I could
Where is your favorite place to take pictures? I do not have a favorite place. I think that any place you are at is a great place! :)

What is your favorite thing to do when not shooting pictures? I am a mom to 2 toddler girls! ;) I clean up messes, make PB and J sandwiches, and read books to my kiddos. We go to church. I sketch designs, fabric shop, and sew em up! That is our life right now.

THANK you for letting me share!
HUGS, Shawnta

No comments: